Beesley Forum
hoying, Shabdrung Rinpoche's

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Beesley Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 30-04-2019 09:14:47    Onderwerp: hoying, Shabdrung Rinpoche's Reageren met citaat
LHASA Custom Buffalo Sabres Jerseys , Sept. 7 (Xinhua) -- On paper, Shabdrung Rinpoche is like any other man of 18: he studies, debates, loves music, plays basketball, microblogs, and learns English.

He will not be seen at nightclubs, however Authentic Buffalo Sabres Jerseys , nor do his aspirations feature the trappings of an individualistic lifestyle, such as super cars or great riches.

His motivation in life is to deliver all living creatures from torment.

Shabdrung Rinpoche is a Living Buddha.

SOUL BOY, SOLE DUTY

Born on June 28, 1997, in Lhari County, Nagqu Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region, Shabdrung Rinpoche is the son of a Tibetan doctor and a teacher. He was known as Sonam Dondrup until 2001.

He was identified as the reincarnation of the 22nd Shabdrung Living Buddha when he was three years old and lived under the guidance of khenpos (senior monks) from this age. He remains in contact with his parents and still calls them two or three times a week.

His formative years were average Buffalo Sabres Jerseys For Sale , and he attended kindergarten and primary school. When he was around 12, he realized he was not like his peers.

"My responsibility is heavier than a mountain," he said. "Being a living buddha, I should offer salvation to sentient beings."

Tibetan Buddhism has four main schools -- Nyingma, Sakya, Kagyu, and Geluk. Shabdrung Rinpoche belongs to Taklung Kagyu, a sub-school of Kagyu.

The Kagyu School introduced the reincarnation ritual in the 13th Century. The Geluk School adopted it in mid-16th Century. Panchen and Dalai are lineage disciples of Tsongkhapa Cheap Buffalo Sabres Jerseys , founder of the Geluk School.

Today reincarnation is the most widely accepted inheritance right among various schools in Tibet. There are currently 358 Living Buddhas in Tibet.

Taklung Kagyu followers are harsh disciplinarians. After graduating from primary school, Shabdrung Rinpoche began his full-time religious education under Khenpo Phuntsog Choying.

In 2011, Shabdrung Rinpoche enrolled into to the then-newly opened Tibet College of Buddhism, Lhasa. He was the only Living Buddha in the Vajrayana class.

Traditionally, Tibetan monks undertake advanced study in three main monasteries -- Sera, Ganden, and Drepung -- all located in Lhasa. Shabdrung Rinpoche continued his studies at Drepung Monastery.

His traditional seat is Taklung Monastery in Lhundrup County, about 87 miles northeast of Lhasa. Built in 1180 Justin Bailey Sabres Jersey , it is the ancestral temple of Taklung Kagyu and home to around 80 monks.

"I seldom go back since I am so busy with my studies," Shabdrung Rinpoche explained.

There used to be three Living Buddhas in Taklung Monastery, but Shabdrung Rinpoche is the only one remaining after one moved overseas and the other died in 2006.

The 835-year-old temple is undergoing renovation and expansion. Traditionally a Living Buddha is in charge of temple affairs. Shabdrung Rinpoche is no exception, even though he was only 15 when the project broke ground.

It was initially planned that a summer palace would be built for the Living Buddha, but the project has since expanded to include a Buddhist academy, new dorms for monks, and a grand hall. The expansion is being supported by the local government, which split the 8 million yuan (about 1.25 million U.S. dollars) bill with the monastery.

"I hope it will provide a place for monks to study Buddhism scriptures and learn about Tibet Ryan O'Reilly Sabres Jersey ," the Living Buddha explained. "It will also offer music, poetry, and English lessons."

TEACHER, PUPIL

Most of Shabdrung Rinpoche's followers are from farm and pastoral areas in northern Tibet. When he returns to Taklung Monastery, as many as 20,000 people attend his dharma assembly, hoping that he will bless them by touching their heads or breathing on them.

When she heard the Living Buddha was back, Tsering Drolma Benoit Pouliot Sabres Jersey , 67, was keen to receive a blessing from him. In her eyes, he can "predict everything".

Supported by her granddaughter, she hobbled to meet Shabdrung Rinpoche and pray for peace and happiness.

Sonam Tsomo, her granddaughter, said that although they are the same age, she idolizes the Living Buddha. To her, he is someone she can "pour out her heart" to.

"I cannot imagine my life without the Living Buddha Rasmus Ristolainen Sabres Jersey ," she said.

Ngawang Sherab, a 14-year-old monk in Taklung Monastery, feels "nervous" when he is in the presence of the Living Buddha because he is so "sharp and dignified".

His admiration, however, quells his nerves. "Everyone holds him in the highest esteem," he said.

"I'm an ordinary person bearing light from Buddha," says Shabdrung Rinpoche. "If I were asked to re-select my way of life, I would make the same choice because I know it would benefit all living creatures."

Living Buddhas must study much harder than most monks. Shabdrung Rinpoche must study Buddhist scripture Robin Lehner Sabres Jersey , literature, English and history, and attend sutra-debates, between 6:30 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. six days a week. As a Living Buddha, he receives one-on-one tuition on literature, English and history.

"The living buddha is intelligent," said Phuntsog Choying, Shabdrung Rinpoche's khenpo. "He has mastered many unique approaches of the Kagyu School Zemgus Girgensons Sabres Jersey , and studied a large quantity of scripture."

THE PATH TO ENLIGHTENMENT

Although he has a busy schedule, Shabdrung Rinpoche has free time to explore his other interests.

When he was younger he loved reading the fairy tales by Grimm and Andersen. He is now interested in poetry, especially works by Kahlil Gibran and Rabindranath Tagore.

Driven by his love for poems and essays, he pens his own. "I enjoy writing about nature and people's feelings in both Tibetan and Mandarin," he said.

Every fortnight, there is a basketball match in Drepung Monastery. Shabdrung Rinpoche will always join whenever he is free. "I'm the only Living Buddha who plays."

Last year, he visited Shanghai and Zhejiang Province in east China as a member of

However the pr. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys China Cheap NHL Jerseys From China Wholesale Shirts Wholesale Soccer Hats China Wholesale Hats Wholesale NBA Jerseys Wholesale MLB Hoodies Wholesale Soccer Hoodies
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Beesley Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: