Beesley Forum
"We define this as the most imp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Beesley Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 14-05-2019 07:39:53    Onderwerp: "We define this as the most imp Reageren met citaat
By sportswriter Wang Zijiang

ZURICH Randall Cobb Hat , Sept. 3 (Xinhua) -- Chinese high jumper Zhang Guowei blamed a "too small apron" for his defeat in the IAAF Diamond League final here on Thursday.

Zhang, who won the silver medal at last week's Beijing World Championships, finished third by clearing 2.30 meters, behind Qatar's Essa Barshim (2.32m) and Ukraine's Bohdan Bondarenko (2.30m).

But the 24-year-old still made history by becoming the first Chinese athlete to finish top three on the Diamond League final standings.

"I don't think I have done my best," Zhang said. "I should have won the title, I have always been confident of winning the title here. But the apron is too small Mike Daniels Hat , which I think has affected my performance."

After easily jumping over 2.27 meters, Zhang finally cleared 2.30m in his third attempt but was stopped after the bar had been raised to 2.32m.

He said, "If the apron were big enough, I would win the title. Unlike Barshim and Bondarenko, who usually don't need a long run-up, I must use a very long distance to build up speed."

Zhang said that three days after winning the silver medal at the iconic Bird's Nest Stadium Clay Matthews Hat , he just could not adapt himself to the much smaller Letzigrund, which can only host 30,000 people compared with 80,000 in the Chinese National Stadium.

"Several other athletes were also critical of the small apron," he said after the competition.

Zhang amused the Swiss fans with his Gangnam Style dance moves when celebrating a successful jump. He finished second in the Diamond Standings with nine points. Barshim took the Diamond League title with 20 points.

"This is my last competition of the season," he said. "I will go back home to work harder. My goal for next Rio Olympic Games is to reach the top three."

Chinese athletes have never won the Diamond League champion. Their previous best result was a fourth finish last year from Li Jinzhe in the men's long jump.

Wang Jianan Aaron Rodgers Hat , who surprised all to take the men's long jump bronze in the Beijing World Championships, soared and landed at 7.94 meters to finish four, making him rank seventh in the Diamond League final standings.

World women's javelin throw silver medalist Lv Huihui took a distant seventh on the night with 60.36 meters to end the season on the 4th.

Britain's Greg Rutherford won the Diamond League long jump title to finish a perfect season.

The Olympic champion, 28, who won World Championships gold last week in Beijing, finished the overall competition with 29 points after previous victories in Birmingham Dexter Williams Hat , Oslo and Stockholm.

"I come to these competitions to win. Roll on next year," he said.

Jamaica's double world and Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce added the 100m women's sprint Diamond League title to her long list of honors. She clocked a time of 10.93 seconds.

Russia's world 110m hurdles champion Sergey Shubenkov won in 13.15. Former world champion David Oliver was second in 13.30.

Panama's Alonso Edward won the men's 200m to add to his victories in Shanghai and Stockholm, bringing home the Diamond Race.

Three-time world 1500m champion Asbel Kiprop proved dominant in his favorite event, running away with the title.

Each of the night's 16 Diamond League winners received a 40,000 US dollars cash prize and a spectacular Diamond Trophy.

UNITED NATIONS, Nov. 16 (Xinhua) -- Although antibiotics need to be treated with great care Jace Sternberger Hat , common misunderstandings about their use are contributing to rising antibiotic resistance, according to a new World Health Organization survey released Monday.

"Antibiotics are too precious in our arsenal to fight life threatening conditions and we need to handle them with great care," Nata Menabde, executive director of the World Health Organization office in New York, said at a press conference here.

The survey -- which was completed by some 10,000 people in 12 countries Elgton Jenkins Hat , including China -- showed that the majority of people are aware that antibiotic resistance poses a threat to their families, but that they do not necessarily know what they can do to help solve the problem.

For example, said Menabde, many people believe incorrectly that antibiotics can be used to treat cold and flu.

"Sixty-four percent of respondents believe that antibiotics can be used for cold and flu which is not true," Menabde said. "Antibiotics are not effective against the viruses and still so many people use them and believe that they are effective for those conditions."

Another common misconception is that it is okay to stop taking antibiotics when the patient feels better, which is also untrue Darnell Savage Jr. Hat , Menabde said, adding that patients should take the full course of antibiotics as prescribed by their doctor.

Menabde also said that overall many people are not aware that it is not humans who will become resistant to antibiotics but that it is the bacteria itself.

"It is the bacteria not human and not animals that will become resistant to antibiotics," she said.

Matthew Rycroft, permanent representative of the United Kingdom to the UN, said at the press conference that the antibiotic resistance -- also known as antimicrobial resistance or AMR -- is already causing 700,000 deaths per year and that this number may increase to 10 million people by the year 2050.

"We define this as the most important issue that you've never heard of Rashan Gary Hat ," said Matthew Rycroft, who holds the rotating presidency of the UN Security Council for November.

"Antimicrobial resistance is one of the most significant public health challenges that we face, nationally and globally, it's a global issue and it's not something that any one country or one region can tackle alone," said Rycroft.

Rycroft said that the United Kingdom and China have recently announced a joint-fund to tackle the problem.

"During the recent state visit to the UK by Chinese President Xi (Jinping). Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Sports Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale College Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NBA Basketball Jerseys Cheap College Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Beesley Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: