Beesley Forum
"It's a prejudiced

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Beesley Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 06-10-2018 02:00:59    Onderwerp: "It's a prejudiced Reageren met citaat
Spain's Rafael Nadal receives medical attention during their men's singles quarterfinals match against Croatia's Marin Cilic at the Australian Open in Melbourne on Tuesday.
Rafael Nadal called on tour organizers to do more to halt injuries to top players after being forced to pull out of his Australian Open quarterfinal on Tuesday.

The Spanish world No.1 retired with a muscle injury in his upper right leg while trailing 0-2 to former US Open champion Marin Cilic in the fifth set of a titanic quarterfinal struggle.

It is the second time he has been forced to pull out with injury in Melbourne after calling it quits in the third set of his 2010 quarterfinal against Andy Murray with a knee problem.

“Tough moments. Is not the first time an opportunity that is gone for me Cheap Greg Maddux Jersey ,” he told reporters. “I am a positive person, but today is an opportunity lost to be in the semifinals of a grand slam and fight for an important title for me.

“I was playing okay. I was playing a match that anything could happen: could win, could lose. He was playing good, too,” Nadal said. “But I was fighting for it. I was two sets to one up. Yeah, just have to accept, recover Cheap John Smoltz Jersey , go back home, stay with my people and keep going. That’s all.”

Nadal said his problem was not hip-related, more a muscle issue high up on his right leg. “I can’t tell you exactly the muscle. It’s high on the leg. Tomorrow we’re going to communicate what’s going on after a MRI scan,” he said.

Nadal said tour organizers had to do something about the growing number of injuries among players after the withdrawals of Andy Murray and Kei Nishikori before the tournament and Novak Djokovic struggling ahead of his exit on Monday.

“Somebody who is running the tour should think a little bit about what’s going on. Too many people are getting injured,” Nadal said. “I don’t know if they think a little bit about the health of the players. I don’t know if we keep playing on these very hard surfaces what’s going to happen in the future with our lives.”

Kyle Edmund of Britain plays against Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria at the Australian Open quarterfinals. Edmund advanced 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 Cheap Atlanta Braves Hats , 6-4.

Unseeded Kyle Edmund and Elise Mertens made it to the semifinals.

Croat Cilic, the sixth seed, said it was “sad” to win in such a way but added that “I played great tennis, very high level.”

“So I am extremely pleased with the performance.”

Cilic will be up against Britain’s Edmund, who stunned third seed Grigor Dimitrov 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 Cheap Atlanta Braves Hoodies , 6-4.

Mertens, who is yet to drop a set, was equally convincing in blasting past world No. 4 Elina Svitolina 6-4, 6-0 to become the first Belgian to make the semis since Kim Clijsters in 2012. She will play second-seeded Dane Caroline Wozniacki, who battled past veteran Spaniard Carla Suarez Navarro in three sets, for a place in Saturday’s final.

Edmund became only the fourth British man to reach the Australian Open semifinals in the post-1968 Open Era.

“It’s an amazing feeling. I’m very happy,” said the overwhelmed 23-year-old Cheap Atlanta Braves Shirts , ranked 49. “It was my first match on Rod Laver Arena and it’s very special.”

World No. 37 Mertens is on a hot streak of form, unbeaten in 10 matches after winning in Hobart this month. Svitolina blamed a hip injury for her ousting as she again failed to get to the last-four of a grand slam on her 22nd attempt.

ZHENGZHOU, Jan. 26 (Xinhua) -- China's "post-90s generation" has taken the political stage as twentysomethings make their debut at provincial-level legislative meetings across the country this week.

The generation -- born after 1990 and raised in an affluent and rising China -- is stereotyped as lazy and selfish. But Shi Pengfei, 25, a deputy to the Henan Provincial People's Congress in central China, defies this generalization.

Shi, a 2014 human resources graduate of the University of Liverpool Cheap Atlanta Braves Jerseys , returned to Dulouma Village in Weishi County and became a farmer.

"I was born in the village. I love my homeland," said Shi, who has rented more than 2,000 mu (133 hectares) of land to grow edible fungi. During the harvest, more than 1,000 villagers worked at his fungi cooperative.

As a first-time deputy, Shi feels a responsibility to express the voice of the villagers at the provincial people's congress Cheap Brandon McCarthy Jersey , which started on Wednesday.

"I'm going to propose that the government should promote rural land transfer to improve agricultural efficiency and farmers' income," said Shi.

Shi is one of four post-90s deputies of the 935-member provincial legislature of Henan. The province is China's most populous, with a population of more than 100 million people.

"The tech-savvy post-90s generation is more outspoken and more willing to take responsibility," said Yang Rubei, deputy secretary general of the standing committee of the Henan Provincial People's Congress.

Liu Yiming, 27, another deputy Cheap Scott Kazmir Jersey , is focused on the rights of left-behind women in the countryside and laid-off women in the cities.

Liu runs the Snowflake Vocational Training School in Pingyu County, offering babysitting and maternity nurse training for women.

"We trained 800 women in 2017, 500 of whom were impoverished and received free training," said Liu, who also volunteers to match poor people with job opportunities.

A trained maternity nurse can earn more than 8,000 yuan (1,250 U.S. dollars) in Beijing and Shanghai Cheap Jose Ramirez Jersey , said Liu, who called for better supervision of the household service industry.

"It's a prejudiced view that post-90s are lazy and selfish," said Liu. "It's time for us to fulfill our social responsibilities."

Liu's view was echoed by Jiang Mingqin, 28, a deputy to the provincial people's congress of Guangdong in south China.

"The post-90s are more pragmatic, creative and more willing to take risks," said Jiang Cheap Julio Teheran Jersey , a m Why the divorce attorney nee. NBA Jerseys China Authentic Soccer Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys From China NHL Jerseys Free Shipping Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys Wholesale NCAA College Jerseys Wholesale Authentic NHL Jerseys China Soccer Jerseys China New MLB Jerseys Cheap
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Beesley Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: