Beesley Forum
Guo is also the first

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Beesley Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 15-10-2018 04:28:38    Onderwerp: Guo is also the first Reageren met citaat
By Kimathi Kamau

NAIROBI Nike Air Max 90 Mens Sale , Oct. 10 (Xinhua) -- With Kenya still abuzz after Dennis Kimetto set the world ablaze with the unbelievable 2:02:57 world record over the marathon in Berlin, compatriot Leonard Komon is seeking inspiration from that performance when he makes his classic distance debut in Eindhoven on Sunday.

Komon is no stranger to the tag world record holder since he is the standard bearer over 10km and 15km on the roads and in April.

He entered history books once more when he flew to the fastest ever half marathon debut when he ran 59:14 to win incidentally, the Vattenfall Berlin Half Marathon, the prelude to the September World Marathon Majors race where Kimetto hammered the clock.

A week before the new world marathon record holder became the first man to complete the ultimate 42.196km in under 2:03, Kimetto and Komon Nike Air Max Mens Sale , 26, met in Eldoret, the capital of the Kenyan distance running excellence and engaged in talk about their upcoming challenges.

"We didn't plan to meet up but we were both in the town doing some tasks, our paths crossed and we started talking," the 2008 World Cross Country senior 12km men silver winner told Eindhoven Marathon organisers on Thursday.

"He was telling me about how he was in world record shape and how he was going to attack the record in Berlin. I know Kimetto so I took his words seriously Air Max 2017 Mens Sale , but it also led me to think about myself, what sort of shape I am in and what I think I can do here in Eindhoven," Komon added.

"Then, I watched the Berlin race on television at home, saw what happened Air Max 2018 Mens Sale , and saw how Kimetto broke the world record. It was very interesting and even though I am not thinking about the world record on Sunday, it provided me with a lot of inspiration and ideas about how to run a strong marathon

"And maybe one day I can break the marathon world record as well but I think, like Kimetto, I will need two or three races to understand the marathon," he added.

Having tried his fortunes on the track in 5000m and 10000m Air Max 90 Mens Sale , often undone by an inferior finishing speed over the last laps but proven to be a different preposition on the roads, Komon stepped up the distance after being challenged by his Golazo Sports manager, Marc Corstjens whether he fancied the marathon and has been preparing for his first test since June.

"I took a long time to think it over because I still felt I have some unfinished business at the half marathon, after world records at 10km and 15km. I wanted to go up the distances gradually. However, I came to the conclusion that I was ready and I changed my training to focus on it."

"I would have liked to have broken the half marathon world record there and I didn't do it. Depending on how I do on Sunday Air Max Mens Sale , maybe I will make another attempt on the world record next year," the erudite athlete explained in alluding as well to his victorious debut in the half marathon.

"For Sunday, I have 2:05 and breaking the course record as my target time. I think the course is nice, very fast. I saw what is possible when I was here in August to insect the course.

"We need the pacemakers to cooperate and I am thinking about running 62:30 or 62:40 for the first half of the race, and then run the second half faster; just like Kimetto in Berlin.

"I also need my fellow top runners like (fellow Kenyan and Nike Air Max 2017 Sale Clearance , with a best of2:04:56, the fastest man in the Eindhoven field) Jonathan Maiyo to cooperate for a fast time. Berlin showed that fast times come if you have two or more good runners cooperating after 30km."

Komon and Maiyo' s compatriot, Dickson Chumba, ran the current Marathon Eindhoven course record of 2:05:46 in 2012.

HARARE, Nov. 18 (Xinhua)-- Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe is due to meet Zimbabwe Defense Forces chief Constantine Chiwenga on Sunday Nike Air Max 2018 Sale Clearance , state broadcaster ZBC reported Saturday.

ZBC quoted Roman Catholic priest Fidelis Mokonori, one of the facilitators of the talks, as saying.

This will be the second meeting between Mugabe and Chiwenga since the military took over government this week.

BEIJING, Oct. 28 (Xinhua) -- The support team of Chinese sailor Guo Chuan on Friday announced the continuous need of support for the search and rescue of the missing Chinese sailor.

Guo started his challenge on Oct. 19 from San Francisco with his Super Trimaran "China Qingdao" heading for Shanghai, hoping to set a new cross-pacific sailing record.

The communication between the trimaran and his onshore support team ceased on Oct. 25.

U.S. Naval ships were sent after request to approach the drifting trimaran and found no one on board.

According to GuoChuan's team, it is still possible that Guo fell in the water with his life jacket on and the water temperature is over 25 degree Celsius, rescue work is still going on.

Guo's team told Xinhua that a company in Hawaii is willing to offer helicopters, however the distance between assumed location and the islands are far. The team is urgently need ships with helicopter platforms near the area for refueling and announced an email hot-line: jessie.zhou@@chinasportbusiness.

Guo is the first Chinese offshore sailor who completed the VOLVO Ocean Race, and the first who participated in the Mini Transat sailing event.

Guo is also the first to complete solo non-stop circumnavigation in a 40ft yacht and created a new record, recognized by WSSRC and Guinness.

He also created a record of crossing Arctic Ocean's Northeast passage in 2015.

Lots of homes and corporations flip to low cost ink cartridges to save funds. It’s simple to see why: With the expense of inkjet cartridges on a steady improve, they can suck up a huge portion of anyone’s technologies budget. Ink cartridges are so highly-priced, they are able to even outpace the price with the printers. But tho. Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Beesley Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: